NETWORKING AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (CIT 305) SEMESTER TEST
- Please note that this is an online based test and it’s an open invigilation process i.e. individual partakers are required to follow the instructions provided.
- Please be informed that the questions in this exam spans across all questions in this lesson and as such candidate are advised to be aware of non-related lesson questions.
- Do not close the Exam Window or try to restart the system after clicking “Start Test” button.
- Each question is followed by four alternative answer marked as A, B, C and D. The candidate shall choose the most appropriate answer to each question and mark the same through click of mouse or touch against the appropriate answer. Chosen answer will be highlighted and will automatically be saved. The questions are answered at once within the stipulated examination time.
- Candidates can make changes in their answer already chosen/marked since all questions are displayed.
- Candidates are advised not to click the “finish” button when note done with the entire exam question as this action will not allow backwards or a return options
- Countdown clock will start on commencement of the test question and will be displayed on the top of the Test. Note allowed time is 30 minutes for all questions.
- In case of restarting / shut down of computer due to technical reasons, immediately report the same to the organizing body (Leadpreneur Academy). Answers already marked and time of the testwill be saved and the candidate will be able to resume the test from the exact point that last appeared before him/her.
- Make sure you are fully ready to start the exam before clicking the start test button
Good Luck and Success.
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exam.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Q. 1. A couple of computers have some cable strung between them, and send data back and forth using electrical signalling over the——-.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 2. The internet is not one single entity (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 3. A computer network, often simply referred to as a network, is a collection of computers and devices interconnected by communications channels that facilitate communications among users and allows users to share resources.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 4. A network can as well be defined as a collection of ——-or other hardware devices that are connected together, either physically or logically, using special hardware and software, to allow them to exchange information and cooperate.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 5. In September 1940, George Stibitz used a ———- to send instructions for a problem set from his Model at Dartmouth College to his Complex Number Calculator in New York and received results back by the same means.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 6. In 1964, researchers at Dartmouth developed the Dartmouth Time Sharing System for distributed users of large ——– systems.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 7. Throughout the 1960s, Leonard Kleinrock, Paul Baran and Donald Davies independently conceptualised and developed network systems which used packets that could be used in a network between computer systems. In 1965, Thomas Merrill and Lawrence G. Roberts created the first wide area network (WAN).CorrectIncorrect
Q. 8. In a networked environment, each computer on a network may access and use hardware resources on the network, such as printing a document on a shared ———–CorrectIncorrect
Q. 9. Computer networks can be classified according to the hardware and ———- that is used to interconnect the individual devices in the network, such as optical fibre, Ethernet, wireless LAN, Home PNA, power line communication or G.hn.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 10. Coaxial cable is widely used for cable television systems, office buildings, and other work-sites for local area ——-.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 11. Optical fiber cable consists of one or more ———of glass fiber wrapped in protective layers. It transmits light which can travel over extended distances.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 12. Terrestrial microwaves use Earth-based transmitter and receiver. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 13. A local area network (LAN) is a network that connects computers and devices in a limited geographical area such as home, school, computer laboratory, office building, or closely positioned group of buildings. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 14. A Personal Area Network (PAN) is a computer network used for ————– among computer and different information technological devices close to one person.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 15. A campus network is a computer network made up of an interconnection of local area networks (LAN’s) within a limited ————- area.CorrectIncorrect