COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE (CIT 309) SEMESTER TEST
- Please note that this is an online based test and it’s an open invigilation process i.e. individual partakers are required to follow the instructions provided.
- Please be informed that the questions in this exam spans across all questions in this lesson and as such candidate are advised to be aware of non-related lesson questions.
- Do not close the Exam Window or try to restart the system after clicking “Start Test” button.
- Each question is followed by four alternative answer marked as A, B, C and D. The candidate shall choose the most appropriate answer to each question and mark the same through click of mouse or touch against the appropriate answer. Chosen answer will be highlighted and will automatically be saved. The questions are answered at once within the stipulated examination time.
- Candidates can make changes in their answer already chosen/marked since all questions are displayed.
- Candidates are advised not to click the “finish” button when note done with the entire exam question as this action will not allow backwards or a return options
- Countdown clock will start on commencement of the test question and will be displayed on the top of the Test. Note allowed time is 30 minutes for all questions.
- In case of restarting / shut down of computer due to technical reasons, immediately report the same to the organizing body (Leadpreneur Academy). Answers already marked and time of the testwill be saved and the candidate will be able to resume the test from the exact point that last appeared before him/her.
- Make sure you are fully ready to start the exam before clicking the start test button
Good Luck and Success.
0 of 15 questions completed
You have already completed the exam before. Hence you can not start it again.
Exam is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the exam.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
Q. 1. The processor may perform some arithmetic or logic operation on————CorrectIncorrect
Q. 2. Computer arithmetic is commonly performed on two very different types of numbers:CorrectIncorrect
Q. 3. ALU and all electronic components in the computers are based on the use of simple digital logic devices that can store binary digits and perform simple Boolean logic operations. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 4. binary number, arbitrary numbers can be represented with just the digits zero and one the minis sign and the period or radix point. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 5. The control unit is the engine that runs the entire computer———-. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 6. Control signals control data transfer to and from the system (external) bus and the operation of the—–.CorrectIncorrect
Q. 7. The control unit causes operations to happen within the processor. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 8. operations consist of a sequence of micro-operations. micro operations fall into one of the following categories:CorrectIncorrect
Q. 9. A memory read control signal on the control bus—-(True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 10. A control signal that opens the gates, allowing the contents of the data bus to be stored in the MBR. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 11 The control unit controls the operation of the ALU by a set of control signals. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 12. The control unit sends control signals out onto the control lines of the system bus. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 13. A single machine instruction controls the simultaneous execution of a number of processing elements on a lock step basis. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 14. An SMP operating system manages processor and other computer resources so that the user perceives a single operating system controlling system controlling system resources. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect
Q. 15. Any processor may perform scheduling, so conflict must be avoided. (True/False)CorrectIncorrect